By now, stating how versatile and practical the PDF format is, is redundant. You know about all the advantages of this document format already, about the retained formatting, the support on all kinds of devises and the possibilities of protection.
We have also talked a lot about different ways to edit PDFs already. From sorting, deleting and rearranging pages, over resizing and compressing whole documents, to merging and splitting files – we have a tutorial for all of those.
BUT… what if you want to edit a PDF page directly? Yes, this is possible as well and today, will show you how to edit a PDF!
Editing PDF Files
There are so many things you can do with a PDF file and now, editing the content is one of them!
To start, ALl you have to do is upload the PDF you want to edit. It doesn’t matter if it’S just a one-page PDF or if your document has more pages. You can click through all of them while editing later. Oh, and have we mentioned the best thing? It’s completely for free!
But now lets have a closer look at all the things you can do when you want to edit a PDF file!
Functions Of A PDF Editor
Add text to a PDF. This is especially practical if you want to fill out a form. Font face, size and color can be changed before adding the text.
The pencil is a freehand tool with which you can doodle onto the PDF pages. Line size as well as color can be changed.
Want to censor parts of your PDF like an address, name or figures? The whiteout function lets you place a discrete white box over the sensitive data.
This works like an online text marker. Highlight parts of a PDF in different colors.
Like the freehand tool, the line can be changed in line size and color. It woks the same, just that it allows you to draw straight lines onto a page.
Dashed Line: This line is dashed.
Arrow: This line has an arrow head on it’s end.
If you want to cover something on your PDF or make a comment stick out, you can draw a box over or around it. In addition to the line size and color, a fill-color can be set as well.
The ellipse can be used to circle crucial parts of your document. Change line size and color, as well as the fill color.
The polygon allows you to draw shapes using straight lines. Line size and color as well as fill color can be set. In order to close the shape, either use a double-click or click on the starting point.
Want to mark something as correct? Then paste a checkmark into your PDF! You can determine both size and color of the checkmark before pasting it onto the document.
If you want to replace an image in a PDF or add a watermark, this feature is perfect for you. Set the size of the image and, if you want to use it as a watermark, the transparency and you are good to go.
There are some more functions that will help you to effectively edit your PDF:
These tools allow you to select, move and delete objects you have drawn onto your page. You can also undo and redo your changes as well as get rid of all changes at once. If you zoom in, you can move your PDF around to get a better view on the section you are editing.
How To Use The PDF Editor
Now that you know about all the functions available when editing files, lets have a look at how to do all this:
- Go to www.PDF2Go.com/Edit-PDF
- Upload your file. Editing document pages is not limited to PDFs only. You can also edit other files, however the outcome will always be a PDF.
- Click on a page thumbnail on the left to select the page you want to edit.
- Then, choose an editing tool. Draw, write, etc. on the full-size image of your PDF on the right. You can zoom in and out on the page using the magnifying glasses buttons.
- Optional, you can change color, font, etc. using the buttons above your page. Do this before you draw your line, arrow, circle or polygon though!
- Using the hand button, you can select and move your added changes all over the page. You can undo and redo changes with the according buttons as well as reset all changes made.
- Click on “Save & Export PDF” to receive the PDF with all changes.