Some content is simply not meant to share. This becomes problematic when you have to share or upload a document, yet don’t want all information on the pages to be made public.
Bank statements, invoices, credit card bills – they all contain sensitive data you might not want out there when sending prove of purchase, etc.
Here’s where PDF2Go can help you! We can show you how, with the help of our Edit a Page function, you can censor whatever you send or upload via or to the web!
Censor PDF Content
In order to censor or black out parts of your PDF, you have to edit the page itself. On a physical sheet of paper, you can easily use whiteout or a thick black marker to paint over the sensitive data you want to hide.
On an online document it’s not as easy. Wrong! It is!
With the edit function of PDF to go, you can white out or black out parts of your document as well. The following tutorial will show you how to effectively censor your PDF.
How To Censor A PDF
- Go to Edit Page at PDF2Go.com
- Upload your PDF or other file you want to censor. Word documents and images can be censored as well, but the file will always be a PDF after saving.
- Click on the thumbnail of the page you want to censor.
- Choose the “Whiteout” tool. Alternatively, you can also use the “Rectangle”.
- Now, you can draw a box over the parts you want to censor. The default color for the whiteout is, naturally, white since most PDFs have a white background. Depending on your background or the impact of your censorship, you can of course choose another color.
- When you’re done, click on “Save & Export PDF” and you will be redirected to a page where you can download your file or save it in Google Drive.