There are numerous reasons why the Adobe PDF format became as popular and widely used as it is today.
Its ability to retain formatting no matter on what computer or device you open it is just as important as the fact that you can easily send it to anyone over the internet without them being able to edit your file. Besides, printing is easy with PDFs as well since the PDF document will look exactly the same printed on paper as it does on your screen (give or take the colors, depending on your screen settings and the quality of your printer and ink).
No, this is not a PDF advertisement, but this should show you that PDF is the format to go for many different things. And with PDF2Go, you can convert almost all of your files to PDF! Find out how!
Turn Files Into PDF
PDF2Go offers many different functions to edit and manipulate your PDF file. One of these is the very versatile PDF converter. Many different files can be easily converted to PDF with just one, two clicks!
What can be converted to PDF, you ask? Check out the list below:
- Documents: DOC, DOCX, ODT, TXT, RTF and more
- Spreadsheets: XLS, XLSX, ODS, CSV
- Presentations: PPT, PPTX, ODP
- Images: JPG, JPEG, PNG, GIF, SVG, TIF, TIFF and more
- E-Books: MOBI, EPUB, AZW and more
The OCR Function
Wait, there is more to the simple conversion from one file to PDF! With the help of the OCR (Optical Character Recognition) function, you can extract text from, e.g., images and then save them as a PDF.
In a lecture or class, instead of writing down whatever slide your lecturer threw on the wall, you simply take a photo. Now, you want to add your handwritten notes for studying, but printing out the images would be a huge mess and waste of both paper and ink.
Using OCR, you can extract the text from those images and print it out much more effortless.
How To Convert To PDF
With this in mind, let’s have a look at how easy it is to convert your images, documents, presentations or other files to PDF:
- Go to www.PDF2Go.com/Convert-To-PDF
- Upload your image, document, presentation, spreadsheet or e-book file.
- Optionally, you can choose “Use OCR” if you wish to extract text from an image.
- Optionally, you can also choose the language of your text for a better result. The default is English.
- Click on “Save Changes”. Now, after a short wait, the newly generated PDF is ready for download!