PDF is a handy and common document format for all kinds of purposes. Personal and private matters can be facilitated and better organized by using PDF. Students and scholars already know of the benefits of PDF documents as well.
What we want to look at today in particular, however, is a way how PDF can help companies and business. More specifically, how the IT department of smaller and bigger companies benefits from using PDF documents and one PDF solution like PDF2Go.
Help Your IT Team With PDF Solutions
Even when not immediately noticeable, your IT department is responsible of a lot things in the background. This equals a high and quite diverse workload for the people working there. Lets have a look at the sometimes quite hidden responsibilities of your IT department.
- Data security via encryption and close monitoring
- System security via setting up and maintaining firewalls and other means of security
- Security sensitization by advocating for strong and secure passwords and file handling
- Cloud management for data storage and backups
Many of these tasks can be facilitated by not only using PDF as a go-to format, but by perfectly utilizing the documents with a common PDF solution.
How PDF Can Help
With the usage of PDF documents come several benefits for not only your IT department, but the whole company. Furthermore, a combined solution for all kinds of PDF problems and needs is an even greater benefit.
Lets have a look:
- Less workload for the IT team
- Uniformity across all (or most) departments
- Easy handling of files and file sharing
- Elimination of security concerns with password protected and encrypted files
- Time to focus on more crucial problems for the IT team
- Easy lecturing on known program(s)
- Less security issues and server load by using an online solution
- Accessibility of information
Converting, editing, writing and saving PDFs can easily be done by many people in your company across different departments. The format itself is easy and intuitive to handle. With the right PDF solution in addition, you can not go wrong.
Prevent Risks Of BYOD
Plus, a uniform PDF solution will prevent any risks and issues caused by the so-called BYOD strategy. Bring Your Own Device is common in IT since IT experts are usually used to working on a specific platform, operating system and hardware components. In order to work effectively and productively, many people thus rely on their own systems and devices rather than on the ones provided by their company.
It goes without saying that this opens some holes and risks. Leaking, hacking and the spreading of viruses and malware across company-internal systems is higher with the BYOD strategy than without. Thus, agreeing on a simple to use software or online service for all your needs regarding PDF can prevent not only your IT team but all employees from bringing in their own software and hardware.