Sometimes, content is not meant to be shared. Especially when you want to (or have to) share or upload a document such as a PDF, DOC, or another text file. You don’t want all the information in it to be public.
Many documents might contain sensitive data – such as bank statements, invoices or credit card bills. This data, you certainly do not want out there when sharing proof of purchase, and the like.
PDF2Go can help you! We can show you how. All you need is our Edit PDF function to censor whatever you send or upload via or to the web!
Censor PDF Documents
Under censoring, we understand the blacking out of parts of your document. In order to do so, you have to edit the page that contains sensitive data. On paper, you can easily use whiteout or a thick black marker to paint over what you want to hide.
Digital documents are harder to censor. Wrong! They are not!
The edit function of PDF2Go allows you to white-out or black-out parts of your document. Just check out the short tutorial below.
How To Censor A Document
- Go to Edit PDF on PDF2Go.com
- Upload your PDF, DOC, ODT or another document you want to censor. While you can censor all kinds of files, please be aware that the file will always be a PDF after saving. This provides extra protection compared to easily manipulated Microsoft Word documents and the like.
- Click on the thumbnail of the page you want to censor.
- Choose the “Whiteout” tool. Alternatively, you can also use the “Rectangle”.
- Now, you can draw a box over the parts you want to censor. The default color for the whiteout is, naturally, white since most PDFs have a white background. Depending on your background or the impact of your censorship, you can, of course, choose another color.
- When you’re done, click on “Save” to open the menu and confirm by clicking on the “Save” button. You will be redirected to a page where you can download your file or save it to Google Drive and Dropbox.